Yahoo! Mobile Takes App Discovery to the Next Level
- Posted June 15th, 2011 at 10:53 pm by Yahoo! Mobile
- Categories: General
Today, Yahoo! Mobile is introducing a fun, fast way to search and discover mobile apps. Yahoo! AppSpot, a new mobile application, works like a flashlight in the darkness of more than 425,000-plus apps in the Apple App Store and 200,000 apps in Android Market.
At Yahoo! Mobile, we understand how challenging it can be to find good apps if you don’t know the exact name of the app you want. Furthermore, searching for the right app out of the tens of thousands of possibilities requires multiple searches, downloads, and general uncertainty about the quality of app you download. Yahoo! AppSpot offers a new way to take the guesswork out of finding relevant and interesting apps for mobile users.
Some of Yahoo! AppSpot’s best features include:
- Daily Personal Picks: Unlike ‘Top Apps’ lists that provide the same apps day after day, you’ll get new, personalized app suggestions on a daily basis, so you’re always introduced to the latest, most interesting, and relevant apps.
- More Precise Results: Using Yahoo!’s sophisticated search technology, quickly zero-in on an app by showing matching app titles as well as related keywords as you type.
- Related Apps: Discover similar apps within the “more apps you’ll love” section to find related apps that best match your needs.
- At-a-Glance Shopping: Review the price, overall star ratings, screenshots, and description all on one screen to avoid the endless scrolling.
- Fast & Easy Downloads: Direct links to the specific app pages within the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace make downloading an app a snap.
Start discovering new apps today! AppSpot is available now for download on AppSpot for iPhone and iPod touch and AppSpot for Android. Also, for more information about AppSpot, as well as a new PC app search experience called Yahoo! App Search, please make sure to read the post on Yodel Anecdotal.
Anil Panguluri, Yahoo! Product Director of Mobile Search
- 7 Comments