Delivering A Better Mobile Finance Tracking Experience
- Posted February 22nd, 2011 at 10:04 am by Yahoo! Mobile
- Categories: General
The pace of change in the mobile space continues to move at break-neck speeds. It seems like every day, a new app, device or platform is announced. Simply put, the opportunity to innovate and create better consumer experiences is immeasurable, which brings us to the news of the day: the unveiling of a new Yahoo! Finance MarketDash app for the Apple® iPad, which empowers consumers to track their investments, follow personally relevant companies, and read top financial stories on the iPad like never before (http://ycorpblog.com/2011/02/22/yahoofinanceipad/).
Consumers will find that this new app offers an intuitive and rich design that can be used in both portrait and landscape displays on the iPad. The innovative Multi-Touch user interface makes it easy for investors to find real-time market data and editorial content and stay abreast of their investments while on the go. Some of the key features of Yahoo! Finance for iPad include:
- Market Data: Research and track investments and companies using easy to read and interactive search pages, featuring real-time quotes, and key statistics.
- Interactive Charts: Elegant chart experiences include pinch, expand and scroll capabilities, timeline features, and the ability compare multiple stocks on one interactive screen.
- News Headlines: Read up-to-the minute editorial content from Yahoo! contributors and partners such as the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Reuters, and The Financial Times.
- Robust Personalization: Ability to create personally relevant watch lists, access to your portfolio stored on Yahoo! Finance.
Ultimately, the Yahoo! Finance MarketDash app is about giving people an experience that pushes the limits of what’s possible with the amazing technologies of the Web and Yahoo!. When you consider that Yahoo! Finance reaches more than 44.9 million people each month (comScore, January 2010), it’s easy to see why we invested so heavily in creating a new immersive experience that leverages the unique attributes of the fast growing tablet market.
Stay tuned for more innovations from Yahoo! in the future. We definitely don’t plan on stopping here.
Sr. Director, Product Management Yahoo! Finance
- 4 Comments