Yahoo! ‘Delivers’ Mail Optimized for iPad

• Posted August 17th, 2010 at 2:00 pm by Yahoo! Mobile
  • Categories: General

Here at Yahoo! we’re focused on reaching consumers wherever they are – across PC, mobile, TV and increasingly across tablet devices like iPad.

On the heels of our recently launched HTML5 mobile web mail for iPhone you’ll feel right at home with this experience. We’re keeping all the things users love about our new mobile Web mail, while optimizing it for the gorgeous large screen of the iPad. The iPad experience is:

• Faster and more reliable: If you’re offline, Yahoo! Mail uses local caching capabilities to help you access and search your messages even without an internet connection.
  • Smart: You can find and organize your messages using Full Search, personal folders and Smart Folders with messages from your most important contacts and optimized views for photos and file attachments.
  • Feature Rich: View rich photo attachments in their full form, or as previews directly in the inbox view. Also includes a dual-pane view to make reading and organizing a breeze.

iPad-Inbox-Full[3]The new Yahoo! Mail experience is available globally to anyone who has an iPad. To check out Yahoo! Mail on your iPad, simply open up Safari and head on over to http://mail.yahoo.com.

Of course this is just the first version, and we be constantly iterating to add new features, improve performance, and make Yahoo! Mail for iPad the best it can possibly be. And please let us know what you think.

Enjoy!

Lee Parry
Product Manager, Yahoo! Mail

• 22 Comments

RSS feed

22 comments

Comment by Office Bob

August 17th, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Why do I have to go into Settings to sign out? If there’s another way to sign out, you’ve hidden it well.

It’s back to Classic View for me.

Comment by Murphy Mac

August 18th, 2010 at 8:52 am

How do messages get in the Photos Smart Folder ?? Can’t find anything in online help about this feature.

Comment by Michelle

August 19th, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Help! I can’t delete my unwanted emails.

Comment by Joe putman

August 20th, 2010 at 6:24 am

I think it sucks. My iPad is now rendered useless as I can not log on to yahoo mail – it accepts my password and let’s me in, then it throws me back to the password screen again.

What is worse is I purposefully was not using the yahoo mail iPad app as it did not work for me anyway as I check my second and third accounts that are linked to yahoo mail ( the way yahoo forces you to link them). Since I could navigate to yahoo mail.yahoo.com and not use the iPad app, everything was fine. Now I am screwed. This is why yahoo has fallen so far over the years, they come out with buggy website apps and don’t bother to fix the bugs.

Comment by Éric

August 23rd, 2010 at 1:30 pm

How come the new HTML5 Yahoo! Mail for iPad does not work with my Yahoo! business mail account?

Comment by Jc98031

August 27th, 2010 at 9:20 pm

When might we see a native messenger app be released for the iPad?

Thanks

Comment by Gregory Hanes

August 27th, 2010 at 10:16 pm

It’s nice having Yahoo on my IPad.

Gregory Hanes
The Yin Yang Group
Website Design

Comment by Test

September 1st, 2010 at 11:38 am

Great app, although some fairly basic additions would go a long way to making it that much more useful (and essentially similar to an actual email application on a computer, for example):

It would be really great if there was a way to quickly (instead of one-by-one) select a set of emails (like selecting all of them, or selecting just unread ones, etc.) as it’s one of the fairly basic features that’s quite useful.

The ability to sort messages would be really great as well as it’s fairly basic too.

Similarly, some way to mark all messages in a folder as read or something similar to that, would be quite useful and also basic.

Comment by Gilda Raczkowski

September 7th, 2010 at 11:08 am

Thanks for the comments and feature requests – keep them coming! This is the first iteration, so stay tuned as we have plenty more features and functionality that we’ll roll out shortly.

Comment by Zhaoji wang

September 12th, 2010 at 2:29 am

How can I access my yahoo business email account?

Comment by rockridge98

September 23rd, 2010 at 5:16 pm

How can I force Safari to open the same version of Yahoo mail that I get on a regular (non iPad) brower?

Comment by Bruno

October 17th, 2010 at 6:08 pm

I am as baffled as Eric – this does not work for business mail….we are paying for service, but never thought of when planning enhancements..

Comment by dean

October 26th, 2010 at 9:29 am

Please add option to alert only for email coming to Inbox. Right now it alerts for all emails coming to any folder.

Comment by Eric

November 8th, 2010 at 1:06 pm

It does not work with business accounts, and is pretty annoying.
One would think they would have their email departments centralized.
Mobile email is much more critical fir business users. I am writing this because I am at a convention and cannot login to yahoo email from my iPad.

Comment by Mht

November 19th, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Why am I forced to go to the mobile version of mail? It does not have contacts, and other functions that I need

Comment by Ben

February 26th, 2011 at 9:42 pm

What happened? This was an awesome feature, and then a couple weeks ago it just stopped working. Are you guys troubleshooting this, or have you pulled the plug?

Comment by airfares cheap

May 11th, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is required to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100% sure. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Comment by Ali b

May 31st, 2011 at 10:56 pm

I really wish that I could access my yahoo calendar and notes as well from yahoo mail. Why is it so limited?

Comment by Emmanuel

June 3rd, 2011 at 4:44 am

Kul

Comment by Amanda

June 23rd, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Maybe I’m missing something, but I can’t find a way to send an email to a group set up in my contacts folder. I use my groups alot and I can’t imagine having to enter each individual when I’m sending a mass email. Help!

Comment by Jim Graham

August 9th, 2011 at 6:35 am

Too bad it doesn’t work with small business email or alias. The iPhone has been out for 5 years Yahoo!!! When are you going to support your paying customers??

Comment by MVENKATESHWARREDDY

September 26th, 2011 at 9:36 pm

9000068558

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

back to yahoo! mobile